Tuesday, January 04, 2005

TOPIC: Catching up...

I've been away for a while...it's time to catch up. so here are some really random and very brief thoughts from the last however long:
  • Preaching went well...got many good comments...it was fun preaching in the dark...I did that during the first half to symbolize the darkness that I was speaking on...kinda' hard to see my notes, but we had candles...some would say it was postmodern and experiential...some would say just weird...
  • Went home for the holidays...it was nice to see the whole fam damily, but something has to change...the travel is just too much, 10-12 hours one way...and December is crazy enough already...this was the third Christmas that my wife and I have been together, and one or both of us have been sick each time...this time, I had a sinus infection and got a stomach nastiness while there, and Marcy had a migraine just before we left...we may have to alternate Christmases between the families...we'll see...
  • How about them Buckeyes?...they came out and whupped up on the lesser OSU - Oklahoma State - in the Something-or-other Bowl...Ted Ginn, Jr. is an absolute freak!...I haven't seen someone that made everyone else look like they were standing still like that since Randy Moss in college...Go Bucks!...
  • On another sports note, my Browns suck...they can't even lose right...if they had lost their last game, they would have gotten the second pick in the draft...now, because they actually won a game, they will draft #3...jugheads...
  • Fave Christmas gifts, in no particular order: Napoleon Dynamite on DVD, French press coffee maker (and lots of Starbucks!), a quilt made from my old t-shirts, cool orange vest thing, U2 CD, cash money...
  • The new Cranium game is great, Cranium Turbo...played it with family over New Years...much fun...
  • The Cleveland Cavs got sold for $350 million...I would have bought them, but there is a $200 withdrawal limit from the ATM...bummer...
  • Got to see some friends while in Wilmore overnight the other night...man, there are some good memories there...I sure miss that place and those people...it really is a great place...I think Marcy and I will be making a trip there in the spring to spend some more time...
  • Big time prayers need to go out to southeast Asia...we cannot imagine the heartbreak that is happening over there...we lament the fact that over 1,000 of our soldiers have died in the year plus since we went to Iraq...150,000 lost their lives almost instantly there...please pray for them, and when you are done, pray again...

That's enough for right now...going to try to straighten up my office...not a fun job...


No comments: