I just received an e-mail from NOOMA.com. NOOMA is the company that produces the short videos based on sermons by Rob Bell from Mars Hill Bible Church in Michigan. The e-mail advertised an auction that is being held to sell the t-shirts that were used in the latest video, 018/Name. The t-shirts are single-color with one word printed on the back. I was interested to find out how much the t-shirts were going for, so I clicked on the link, which took me to the Ebay site with the merchandise. I was intrigued to discover which items were fetching the high-dollar bids, and which weren't:
- Committed - $115.50 - We all want to be seen as Committed...
- Kind - $102.50 - And Kind.
- Artist - $255.00 - I thought artists were starving!
- Stylish - $255.00 - Well, of course.
- Compulsive - $46.00 - I figured this would be more.
- Double-Degree - $61.00 - Yeah, that's prestigious.
- Insecure - $63.00 - That seems pretty secure to pay that much for a shirt that says that you're insecure.
- And the bottom four are:
- Self-Loathing - $17.50
- HIV+ - $17.50
- GED - $15.50
- Anorexic - $15.00
Here's a preview of the video, by the way...