Wednesday, January 12, 2005

TOPIC: The Village

Well, M. Night Shyamalan has done it again for me...The Village came out on DVD yesterday so I made sure I picked it up to watch while Marcy was at small group...not her kind of movie...after the first fifteen minutes or so I thought, "I should have rented Collateral"...by the end I was glad I hadn't...another great movie with a surprise twist or two at the end...Shyamalan was starting out to be the next Alfred Hitchcock...after this movie, I would liken him more to Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame...just one question (you may want to stop reading now if haven't seen the movie and still want to be surprised): How come they never saw planes flying overhead?...that is just my little nitpickiness shining through...great movie, though...here's how I would rank Shyamalan's movies:
1. The Sixth Sense
2. The Village
3. Unbreakable
4. Signs
I never saw Wide Awake or Praying With Anger...

No comments: