Thursday, December 23, 2004

TOPIC: Jury duty...

How did I get picked for jury duty???...I have only lived in this town for a year and a half, and I get picked?...ridiculous...anyway, I went in last week to do my duty as an American...Marcy's first question when I got home was, "Was it interesting?"...in a word, no...it was quite boring...we stood around for a while, then sat around for a long while while we were read instructions, and then questioned, first by the prosecutor, and then by the defense attorney...after a long recess, we were given the results...as it turns out, I was not selected to be one of the twelve...it's probably a good thing that I was not chosen, because the defense attorney was so annoying, so condescending, that I wanted the prosecutor to win on that basis alone...she treated us like we were third graders and had never heard of the judicial process before...I know, how childish of me to base the fate of a man on that...that's why I say that it is a good thing that I was not among the twelve...

No comments: