Tuesday, December 14, 2004

TOPIC: Discipline

If you have read this blog at all, you probably know that I have a puppy...she is now a little over 5 months old...for the past several weeks, we have been taking her through obedience classes...that has been very good for her, and for us...this coming week, we actually have to be tested to see if Attie passes and gets her diploma...she has been doing very well, so we had no reason to believe that she wouldn't graduate...then comes last night...it was not a good night of training...it seemed like the things she had learned about stay-ing had been completely removed from her doggie mental framework...I would tell her to stay, and she would stand up and walk right along with me, as if I had never said anything...as a result, she would get quite a yank on her pinch collar...the more and more I did this, the more timid she would get...she also, surprisingly enough, got very loving...she knew something was wrong, and she probably knew I was causing it, but it just made her want to cuddle up to my legs and have me hold her...man, did I feel awful!...I was hurting her, but she just loved on me all the more...I knew what I was doing was for her own good...it still hurt, though...I wonder: does God hurt when He disciplines us?...and why don't we love Him all the more when He does?...hmmmm...

No comments: