Tuesday, December 07, 2004

TOPIC: Closeness...

I have a good dog...this morning, Attie sat patiently by the back door, waiting for me to finish drinking my coffee and reading my Bible...I finally got up to let her out...she wandered out to the back sidewalk, but instead of running around the yard sniffing leaves or going into the yard to facilitize (go to the bathroom), she started heaving and came back up on the porch with me...I recognized that she was getting ready to throw up, so I tried to get her back down into the yard so as not to make a mess on the porch...but she wanted to stay close to me...so I simply petted her and talked with her while she vomited on the porch - twice...it's like that with our relationship with God...we are happy to run around the yard, footloose and fancy-free, until things are cruddy...then we scamper back up onto the porch to puke before God...the difference is that God never tries to push us back down into the yard...He simply strokes our back and speaks softly to us...I have a good God...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike! I did get through this time. I had to click on "Post Anonymously" to do this.

Your Mom especially enjoys reading your blogs. I print them out and dole them out to her, one a day.

She is impressed with your love of God. I am too. What especially impresses me is that it does not have any hints of what I consider un-Christian right wing hatred. You love God; you hate no one. That's our Mike!