Tuesday, August 30, 2005

















I Guess It's True

We officially have visual confirmation...in case you haven't heard yet, Marcy and I are expecting our first child on April 4th, 2006 (although I'm hoping it comes on April Fool's Day)...it's one thing when your wife tells you through tears that she is pregnant...it's yet another when you start going to the doctor and they take the blood and urine - from Marcy, not me - to confirm what you think you know...but when you see a picture of the little critter - who we are lovingly calling 'Flipper' at this point - and hear it's heartbeat, it takes on a whole new level of realness...I'm pretty sure it still hasn't hit me full force yet, but when it does, YIKES!...I don't know exactly how I'll react...but for now, it's just pretty cool...

7 comments:

Jory Rapps said...

Fitz, that's totally awesome! I am so happy for you! You're going to make a great dad. JUST DONT SCREW IT UP! lol. just kidding. And don't worry, Marcy is too nice to have hormones... lol.

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH can I even begin to explain how happy I am for you guys?

I think not..although the ahh at the beginning kind of helps..

God totally knew what He was doing, making you and she-Fitz mommy and daddy...then again..He usually does

Michel said...

Congratulations Mary and Mike...

A COMMENDATION

Gracious Father of all that is seen and unseen. We commit to you the days ahead and all the fears and wonders that they hold. By the power of your mercy lead us through the day to day that, upon looking back, we can see nothing less than an uninterupted river of grace. AMEN.

DGH said...

Oh man...that is awesome!!! Congrats guys! Love yal and miss ya!

kate said...

I am so excited for you and Marcy! What an incredible blessing your child is going to have, in having the two of you as parents. Praise Him and Lift Him Up! Lets talk soon okay?

Michel said...

Um... I think I misspelled "Marcy" in my last comment... I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

Fitz, that's like totally sweet!! i'm soo excited for you.. you r so gonna make an awesome dad!!...its crazy actually hearin the heart beat isnt it... i remember when i heard my friend's.. it just kinda really wow! lol ne who... congrats!!