Thursday, May 19, 2005

Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

I went to see the new Star Wars movie and midnight-oh-one this morning...here are a couple of thoughts from this experience:
  • The main reason I went to the very first showing was to see the freak show...I wanted to see the real fans dressed up as Darth Maul, Chewbacca, and Stormtroopers...that being said, I was quite disappointed...I only saw one guy dressed up as Darth Vader, and Chris was wearing Yoda ears...that's it!...where are all the freaks?...I guess I needed to go to the convention to witness that...
    • Quick disclaimer: I am not dissing anyone by calling them freaks...I have dressed up and painted my face for football games...it's just that I am a fan of a different thing...we are all freaks of one kind or another...
  • I'm getting too old for this kind of thing...maybe it's because we had a very high-energy Splash meeting that night, or maybe it's because I haven't been sleeping well, or maybe just because I am too old, but I was a Fitz bobblehead during much of the movie...I was doing the nodding-trying-to-stay-awake thing...I was awake for the majority of it, but it sure wasn't easy...
  • I liked the movie...Marcy asked me when I got home if it was a 10...I am not a huge fan, so I didn't think so...I liked it quite a bit, but it was no Evil Dead 2...but if I were a big fan, I would probably give it a 10...there was a good plot line, excellent action scenes, and the big question of how Anakin turns into Darth Vader was answered with satisfaction...Nate said that he may have a new favorite Star Wars movie, so I guess it was pretty dang good...
  • Judging from crowd reactions, Yoda is far and away everyone's favorite Star Wars character...he had a couple of pretty sweet Jedi moves that resulted in loud applause and laughter...he's pretty cool for a 900 year-old Muppet...
Hope you get a chance to see the movie...I recommend it highly...just not at midnight...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose I should see the others before I see this one...it really doesn't make sense to start with the last movie..or third movie...depending on your outlook on life..

gmw said...

hey Fitz. I loved Star Wars 3--like you said, the action scenes were all fun but the main thing was the storyline all coming together. Yes, Yoda is very cool. And it's nice to see him in his prime. When I was in elementary school I got 3 Yoda action figures for Christmas one year. The first one was cool, but 2 more was a little much considering he did everything with his mind! You really only need one of a dude who just uses mental power to thwart people. So, I enjoyed seeing what Yoda was like in his younger days--nothing like going into exile on a swamp planet to take it out of you.

Anonymous said...

I agree i loved the movie! I'm just glad i didn't see it at midnight! I can barley stay awake till midnight! I loved being able to find out how Anecan became Darth Vadar!