Tuesday, November 30, 2004

TOPIC: I will be the next Head Coach of The Cleveland Browns...

Want evidence? Read the application letter I just submitted below...

November 30, 2004
RE: Head Coaching Position

John Collins
c/o The Cleveland Browns
Training Facility and Administrative Complex
76 Lou Groza Blvd.
Berea, Ohio 44017

Dear John Collins,
It has come to my attention, through my good friend Chris Mortensen (I consider him a good friend as I listen to him regularly on ESPN Radio), that the position of Head Coach of The Cleveland Browns has recently become vacant. It is my deep desire to throw my hat into the ring of possible candidates to fill this opening.

I feel strongly that I have what it takes to be a head coach in today’s NFL. Most people that know me would say that I am sorely under qualified for this position. They base this solely on the fact that I have no professional, college, or high school coaching experience. In addition, I have no experience playing organized football (unless you count soccer, which I played for several years in high school). However, I have one year’s coaching experience at the YMCA Pee-Wee level. And I have been following football – and The Cleveland Browns – very closely for many years and feel that I have a keen mind for the game. When Brian Sipe threw the infamous “Red Right 88” interception against the Raiders in 1980, I knew even before he threw it that he should throw the ball into Lake Erie. When John Elway led “The Drive,” and two seasons ago when the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Browns in the playoffs, I screamed at the TV to not use the prevent defense, which the Browns employed and ultimately lost. And numerous times, I have made comments and observations about various games, to which friends and families have replied, “Wow! You should be coaching this team.” These are just a few of the evidences of my football mind. As a result, I am now looking for my opportunity to make a difference for the Browns.

Thank you for considering me for this opening. I would love to be the next Head Coach of The Cleveland Browns, and I feel that we would be a great match! Please contact me for my resume, if you have any questions, or to set up an interview. Thank you again…

Thank you,

Michael C. Fitzpatrick
MCF/mcf


No comments: