Thursday, April 29, 2004

TOPIC: Shielding my eyes from the light...

Had an interesting "A-ha!" moment at the Ichthus Music Festival...it occurred while we were standing listening to one of the speakers (we couldn't sit - too muddy)...as usual, I was located on the left side of the field as I faced the stage, which meant that the late afternoon sun was in my eyes (I haven't yet learned to go to the other side of the field)...and as I was trying to listen to and watch the speaker, I had to shield my eyes from the sun, because it was getting quite uncomfortable glaring in my eyes...made me think about the fact that Jesus said that he was the light of the world...I wondered how many times I had "shielded my eyes" from Jesus because his presence was making me uncomfortable...the closer and closer we get to Jesus, the more and more aware we become of the darkness in our own lives, and it is tempting to try and shy away from that light shining in trying to remove the darkness...try to not shield your eyes from the light...the outcome is worth the uncomfortableness...

No comments: