Wednesday, September 15, 2004


TOPIC: Why do we say that?...

I have something that I need to get off my chest...I have a new pet peeve, for lack of a better descriptor...it's a small, two-word phrase that many people I know use, including myself...but lately I have decided that I would, if I had the power, wipe it from the face of the linguistic earth...the phrase is, "real quick"...it's used as a part of a larger phrase such as, "I need to go to the bathroom real quick," or "I have a story to tell you real quick"...the phrase is grammatically incorrect, but that is not my problem with it...my problem is that it makes me wonder if we are really that busy that others have to give the disclaimer that what they are doing, they will do it quickly so as not to inconvenience us...sure, I have a lot of things going on, but my life needs to be about people, not about my time...Jesus was about people, not time...He didn't wonder if this healing or that personal contact was going to interfere or make Him late for His committee meeting with the Rabbis...He knew that He came to be with people...and I am supposed to imitate Him, not be wrapped up in how busy I am or the ministry is...I need to be about people...so the next time you are with me and you have to go to the bathroom or tell me a story, take your time...I've got it to give...
 Posted by Hello

No comments: